Life-changing News

Fennec Okyere’s death: Shatta Wale’s claim to bring justice?

The Ghana Police Service says Ghanaian dancehall artiste Shatta Wale is currently cooperating with them following recent revelations about the death of artiste manager, Fennec Okyere.

Shatta Wale, in a recent feud with his former manager, Lawrence Nana Asiamah Hanson popularly called Bulldog-CEO of Bull Haus Entertainment alleged that the latter had a role to play in the death of Fennec Okyere.

Fennec Okyere murdered on March 13, 2014

Okyere, who was the manager of the controversial musician, Kwaw Kese, was killed at his Manet Gardens residence on the Spintex Road, Accra on Thursday, March 13 by unknown assailants.

He died at age 31.

Fennec Okyere buried on Saturday, April 26, 2014

Fennec was laid to rest after a funeral service at the forecourt of the Trade Fair Centre, LA-Accra on Saturday, April 26, 2014.

Shatta Wale cooperating with police

A statement signed by Grace Ansah-Akrofi, Chief Superintendent of Police, Director of Public Affairs, said Shatta Wale was cooperating with the police on the issue.

“The Police would like to put on record that the recently established Cold Case Unit, has been working for months on all unresolved murder cases, including that of Fennec Okyere, with the support of the affected families.

“This new development from Shatta Wale is therefore going to complement our ongoing investigation, ” the statement said.

The Police thanked the families affected for working with the Cold Case Unit on this issue, saying that they will work relentlessly to bring closure to affected families.

Bulldog arrested Thursday, May 15, 2014

It will be recalled that Bulldog was on Thursday, May 15, 2014, arrested in Kokomlemle, a suburb of Accra, as a prime suspect in the death of Okyere.

Alleged threatening messages and phone calls

According to the police, his arrest was based on threatening messages and phone calls Bulldog allegedly placed to the deceased whilst alive.

Charges preferred against Bulldog

He was therefore charged with conspiracy to commit murder and committing murder.

Bulldog in court on Monday, May 19, 2014

Bulldog made his first appearance in court on Monday, May 19, and was remanded into police custody to appear in court on June 2.

The prosecution asked permission to remand the suspect to enable the police continue with their investigations.

According to the prosecution, his detention would go a long way to assist the police’s investigations due to the sensitive nature of the case.

But, lawyer for Bulldog, Gary Nimako objected to calls for his client to be remanded in police custody.

He had argued that the charges leveled against his client – conspiracy to commit murder and committing murder – cannot hold because the prosecution has not been able to link his client to Fennec’s murder.

Bulldog granted bail on May 27, 2014

A Human Rights Court on Tuesday, May 27, 2014 granted Bulldog bail on the basis that the facts as the police presented and upon which they were holding him are “speculative” and do not link him to the charges that have been preferred against him.

On that basis, the court ruled that Bulldog deserves his freedom and should not have been held even for a day.
He was released from custody on May 28, 2014.




error: Content is protected !!