Saturday, November 29, 2025
NewsCenta
  • Home
  • News
    • Politics
    • Local
    • Education
    • Agriculture
    • World
  • Entertainment
    • Celebrities
    • Music
  • Lifestyle
  • Business
  • Sports
  • Tech
  • Opinion
  • Newscenta Newspaper
No Result
View All Result
NewsCenta
  • Home
  • News
    • Politics
    • Local
    • Education
    • Agriculture
    • World
  • Entertainment
    • Celebrities
    • Music
  • Lifestyle
  • Business
  • Sports
  • Tech
  • Opinion
  • Newscenta Newspaper
No Result
View All Result
NewsCenta
No Result
View All Result

Fake QNET job scam: EOCO arrests 25 and rescues 295 victims

EOCO cracks down on fake QNET recruitment ring; dozens arrested and nearly 300 victims rescued from fraudulent job scheme

Kojo Emmanuel by Kojo Emmanuel
November 6, 2025
in Local, Main, News
0
EOCO QNET victims
Share on FacebookShare on Twitter

Officials of the Economic and Organised Crime Office (EOCO) have arrested 25 suspects and rescued 295 victims in connection with an alleged human trafficking and recruitment scam by QNET operating in parts of the Ashanti Region.

The operation, which took place at separate locations in Kenyasi (Kwabre East Municipality) and Buoho in the Afigya South District, led to the rounding up of 320 individuals believed to be linked to a fraudulent scheme disguised as a QNET business opportunity.

Following thorough screening, EOCO identified 295 of those apprehended as victims who had been deceived with false promises of employment, education, and travel opportunities.

EOCO QNET victims

The remaining 25 individuals—suspected recruiters—were arrested for allegedly luring the victims into the scam while posing as QNET representatives.

According to Staff Officer Dominic Mensah, Head of the Anti-Human Trafficking Unit at EOCO, arrangements are underway to provide temporary shelter for the victims as authorities work to reunite them with their families.

Meanwhile, Theodocia Naana Bennieh Quartey, Head of Compliance at QNET, expressed deep concern over the persistent misuse of the company’s name in fraudulent operations.

She noted that QNET is intensifying its collaboration with security agencies to identify and prosecute individuals who exploit the company’s reputation to perpetrate scams.

EOCO has reiterated its commitment to combating human trafficking and related financial crimes, urging the public to remain vigilant and report suspicious recruitment activities.

You might also like

Police woman assaulting

Police arrest woman seen in video assaulting man

November 29, 2025
Zipline Mahama Ayariga

Terminate Zipline’s contract — Mahama Ayariga urges govt

November 28, 2025

In July 2025, the government collaborated with the Ivorian immigration authorities to rescue and repatriate over 200 Ghanaians, who were held in secluded places in the Ivory Coast.

Currently, over 700 Ghanaians are held hostage in Côte d’Ivoire, Nigeria, Benin, and Togo after being scammed by QNET Group’s activities.

The victims were lured to Cote d’Ivoire, Nigeria and other West African States by QNET Group, who scammed them under the pretext of processing their visas and other travelling documents in the West African countries, and used those countries as transit to their final destinations in France, Canada, Belgium and Qatar.

EOCO QNET victimsOkudzeto Ablakwa, the Minister of Foreign Affairs, made this known on the floor of Parliament when responding to an urgent question posed by Mr Kwaku Buah, the Member of Parliament for Pru East, on measures the government was undertaking to rescue and repatriate Ghanaians trafficked to Cote d’Ivoire by QNET Group.

Ablakwa said, so far, the government had successfully rescued and repatriated 400 Ghanaians who were trafficked to Cote d’Ivoire, Nigeria, Benin and Togo since 2021 to date.

He said, currently, there were over 500 Ghanaians between 20 and 40 years old held hostage in Cote d’Ivoire and 202 in Nigeria.

The victims paid between GHc18,000 and GHc35,000 and GHc30,000 and GHc40,000 to the QNET scammers with the promise of processing their travel documents in the West African country and using Cote d’Ivoire as a transit to Europe, North America and Asia countries, the Minister stated.

Post Views: 100
Tags: Ashanti RegionEconomic and Organised Crime OfficeEOCOQNET
Kojo Emmanuel

Kojo Emmanuel

Related Stories

Police woman assaulting

Police arrest woman seen in video assaulting man

by Kojo Emmanuel
November 29, 2025
0

The woman captured in a viral social media video assaulting a man has been arrested by the police. Although some...

Zipline Mahama Ayariga

Terminate Zipline’s contract — Mahama Ayariga urges govt

by Kojo Emmanuel
November 28, 2025
0

The Majority Leader, Mahama Ayariga, has urged the government to terminate its agreement with Zipline, arguing that the drone-based delivery...

Akosua Serwaa

Odo Broni, Akosua Serwaa are both Lumba’s wives — Court

by NewsCenta
November 28, 2025
0

The long-running legal battle over who qualifies as the lawful surviving spouse of the legendary highlife musician Charles Kwadwo Fosu,...

Nana Konadu Mahama

Farewell Nana Konadu — Mahama pays last respect

by Kojo Emmanuel
November 28, 2025
0

President John Dramani Mahama has paid his final respect to the late Nana Konadu Agyeman-Rawlings, whose passing has drawn tributes...

Recommended

Sperm natural

10 powerful ways to increase sperm natural

November 29, 2025
Police woman assaulting

Police arrest woman seen in video assaulting man

November 29, 2025
Zipline Mahama Ayariga

Terminate Zipline’s contract — Mahama Ayariga urges govt

November 28, 2025

Popular Story

  • Songs Daddy Lumba

    See the list of over 200 songs Daddy Lumba released

    748 shares
    Share 299 Tweet 187
  • The true story behind Ghana’s acceptance of deportees

    723 shares
    Share 289 Tweet 181
  • Gold-backed policies since 2021 driving economic gains — BoG

    717 shares
    Share 287 Tweet 179
  • 10 of top 11 causes of death killing more men in Ghana

    702 shares
    Share 281 Tweet 176
  • Monday, May 26, 2025 Newspaper Headlines

    695 shares
    Share 278 Tweet 174
NewsCenta

Newscenta is a Ghana-based news organisation publishing in print (The Newscenta Newspaper) and on a digital media platform (newscenta.com) dedicated to delivering timely and impactful news across various sectors, including politics, business, economy, technology, and culture.

  • About Us
  • Contact Us
  • Health
  • Education
  • Mining
  • Energy
  • Telecoms
  • Agriculture
  • Opinion
  • Newscenta Newspaper
  • Trade

© 2025 All Rights Reserved NewsCenta.

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In

Add New Playlist

No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • News
    • Politics
    • Local
    • World
  • Entertainment
    • Celebrities
    • Music
  • Lifestyle
  • Newspaper Headlines
  • Business
  • Agriculture
  • Education
  • Sports
  • Tech
  • Opinion
  • Newscenta Newspaper

© 2025 All Rights Reserved NewsCenta.

Connect with us