Sunday, August 31, 2025
NewsCenta
  • Home
  • News
    • Politics
    • Local
    • Education
    • Agriculture
    • World
  • Entertainment
    • Celebrities
    • Music
  • Lifestyle
  • Business
  • Sports
  • Tech
  • Opinion
No Result
View All Result
NewsCenta
  • Home
  • News
    • Politics
    • Local
    • Education
    • Agriculture
    • World
  • Entertainment
    • Celebrities
    • Music
  • Lifestyle
  • Business
  • Sports
  • Tech
  • Opinion
No Result
View All Result
NewsCenta
No Result
View All Result

Gaza: Children killed in strike, Israel admits ‘error’

Israel acknowledges a mistaken airstrike in Gaza that tragically killed several children, sparking renewed outcry over civilian casualtie

NewsCenta by NewsCenta
July 13, 2025
in News, World
0
Gaza children killed
Share on FacebookShare on Twitter

Ten people, including six children, have been killed in an Israeli air strike while waiting to fill water containers in central Gaza on Sunday, emergency service officials say.

Their bodies were sent to Nuseirat’s al-Awda Hospital, which also treated 16 injured people, including seven children, a doctor there said.

You might also like

Galamsey pits NADMO

Galamsey pits claim 22 lives in Central Region — NADMO

August 31, 2025
Central Region Kia

Central Region: Kia truck runs into a crowd killing 17

August 30, 2025

Eyewitnesses said a drone fired a missile at a crowd queuing with empty jerry cans next to a water tanker in al-Nuseirat refugee camp.

The Israeli military said there had been a “technical error” with a strike targeting an Islamic Jihad “terrorist” that caused the munition to fall dozens of meters from the target. The incident is under review, the military added

The Israel Defense Forces (IDF) said it was aware of the “claim regarding casualties in the area as a result”, adding that it works to mitigate civilian harm “as much as possible” and “regrets any harm to uninvolved civilians”.

Unverified footage shared online after the strike showed bloodied children and lifeless bodies, with screams of panic and desperation.

Residents rushed to the scene and transported the wounded using private vehicles and donkey carts.

The strike came as Israeli aerial attacks across the Gaza Strip have escalated.

A spokesperson for Gaza’s Civil Defence Agency said 19 other Palestinians had been killed on Sunday, in three separate strikes on residential buildings in central Gaza and Gaza City.

Separately, the International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) said it had treated more mass casualty cases at its Rafah field hospital in southern Gaza in the last six weeks than in the 12 months before that.

It said that its field hospital in Rafah had received 132 patients “suffering from weapon-related injuries” on Saturday, 31 of whom died.

The “overwhelming majority” of the patients had gunshot wounds, it added, and “all responsive individuals” reported they had been trying to access food distribution sites.

It said that the hospital had treated more than 3,400 weapon-wounded patients and recorded more than 250 deaths since new food distribution sites opened on 27 May – exceeding “all mass casualty cases treated at the hospital” in the year prior.

“The alarming frequency and scale of these mass casualty incidents underscore the horrific conditions civilians in Gaza are enduring,” the ICRC said.

On Saturday, southern Gaza’s Nasser hospital said 24 people were killed near an aid distribution site, where witnesses said Israeli troops had opened fire as people were trying to access food.

The Israel Defense Forces (IDF) said there were “no known injured individuals” from IDF fire near the site. Separately, an Israeli military official said warning shots were fired to disperse people who the IDF believed were a threat.

The UN human rights office said on Friday that it had so far recorded 789 aid-related killings.

It said that of those, 615 were in the vicinity of the US and Israeli-backed Gaza Humanitarian Foundation (GHF)’s sites, which opened on 27 May and are operated by US private security contractors inside military zones in southern and central Gaza.

The other 183 killings were recorded near UN and other aid convoys.

The Israeli military said it recognised there had been incidents in which civilians had been harmed and that it was working to minimise “possible friction between the population and the [Israeli] forces as much as possible”.

The GHF accused the UN of using “false and misleading” statistics from Gaza’s Hamas-run health ministry.

GHF boss Johnnie Moore previously told the BBC he was not denying deaths near aid sites, but said “100% of those casualties are being attributed to close proximity to GHF” and that was “not true”.

Israel does not allow international news organisations, including the BBC, into Gaza.

Israel launched a military campaign in Gaza in response to Hamas’s cross-border attack on 7 October 2023, in which about 1,200 people were killed and 251 others were taken hostage.

At least 57,882 people have been killed in Gaza since then, according to the Hamas-run health ministry.

Most of Gaza’s population has been displaced multiple times.

More than 90% of homes are estimated to be damaged or destroyed. The healthcare, water, sanitation and hygiene systems have collapsed, and there are shortages of food, fuel, medicine and shelter.

This week, for the first time in 130 days, 75,000 litres of fuel was allowed into Gaza – “far from enough to meet the daily needs of the population and vital civilian aid operations”, the United Nations said.

Nine UN agencies warned on Saturday that Gaza’s fuel shortage had reached “critical levels”, and if fuel ran out, it would affect hospitals, water systems, sanitation networks and bakeries.

“Hospitals are already going dark, maternity, neonatal and intensive care units are failing, and ambulances can no longer move,” the UN said.

BBC

Post Views: 390
Tags: GazaIsrael
NewsCenta

NewsCenta

Related Stories

Galamsey pits NADMO

Galamsey pits claim 22 lives in Central Region — NADMO

by NewsCenta
August 31, 2025
0

More than 22 people have drowned in abandoned illegal mining (galamsey) pits in the Central Region over the past seven...

Central Region Kia

Central Region: Kia truck runs into a crowd killing 17

by NewsCenta
August 30, 2025
0

A total of seventeen people were killed when a Kia truck ran into a crowd during a float at Agona...

80th UNGA

All Ghanaian delegations to 80th UNGA to be vetted by Chief of Staff

by Kojo Emmanuel
August 30, 2025
0

The Office of the President has announced new measures governing Ghana’s participation in the 80th session of the United Nations...

Ivorians asylum Ghana

172 Ivorians flee to Ghana in search of asylum

by Kojo Emmanuel
August 30, 2025
0

A total of 172 Ivorians have sought asylum in Ghana. The asylum seekers, made up of men, women, and children,...

Recommended

Galamsey pits NADMO

Galamsey pits claim 22 lives in Central Region — NADMO

August 31, 2025
Central Region Kia

Central Region: Kia truck runs into a crowd killing 17

August 30, 2025
Daddy Lumba observance

Nation mourns Daddy Lumba at one-week observance

August 30, 2025

Popular Story

  • Songs Daddy Lumba

    See the list of over 200 songs Daddy Lumba released

    737 shares
    Share 295 Tweet 184
  • Gold-backed policies since 2021 driving economic gains — BoG

    710 shares
    Share 284 Tweet 178
  • 10 of top 11 causes of death killing more men in Ghana

    697 shares
    Share 279 Tweet 174
  • Bissue floors High Court and OSP at Supreme Court

    690 shares
    Share 276 Tweet 173
  • Monday, May 26, 2025 Newspaper Headlines

    677 shares
    Share 271 Tweet 169
NewsCenta

Newscenta is a Ghana-based news organisation publishing in print (The Newscenta Newspaper) and on a digital media platform (newscenta.com) dedicated to delivering timely and impactful news across various sectors, including politics, business, economy, technology, and culture.

  • About Us
  • Contact Us
  • Health
  • Education
  • Mining
  • Energy
  • Telecoms
  • Agriculture
  • Opinion
  • Trade
  • Newspaper Headlines

© 2025 All Rights Reserved NewsCenta.

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In

Add New Playlist

No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • News
    • Politics
    • Local
    • World
  • Entertainment
    • Celebrities
    • Music
  • Lifestyle
  • Newspaper Headlines
  • Business
  • Agriculture
  • Education
  • Sports
  • Tech
  • Opinion

© 2025 All Rights Reserved NewsCenta.

Connect with us