Sunday, November 30, 2025
NewsCenta
  • Home
  • News
    • Politics
    • Local
    • Education
    • Agriculture
    • World
  • Entertainment
    • Celebrities
    • Music
  • Lifestyle
  • Business
  • Sports
  • Tech
  • Opinion
  • Newscenta Newspaper
No Result
View All Result
NewsCenta
  • Home
  • News
    • Politics
    • Local
    • Education
    • Agriculture
    • World
  • Entertainment
    • Celebrities
    • Music
  • Lifestyle
  • Business
  • Sports
  • Tech
  • Opinion
  • Newscenta Newspaper
No Result
View All Result
NewsCenta
No Result
View All Result

99 senior high schools taken off double-track system

99 Senior High Schools Exit Ghana’s Double-Track System

NewsCenta by NewsCenta
September 2, 2025
in Education
0
Double-Track system
Share on FacebookShare on Twitter

The Ghana Education Service (GES) has announced that 99 double-track Senior High Schools have been taken off the system and restored back to their traditional single track.

The GES noted that the Free SHS budget allocations have also been increased with dedicated source of funding.

You might also like

Students pornographic

Students using tablets to watch pornographic videos — Haruna Iddrisu

November 28, 2025
Atuabo Basic School

New Atuabo Basic School gets smart lab and innovation centre

November 27, 2025

A GES press release, signed by Mr Daniel Fenyi, the Head of Public Relations said the Government had paid GHC1 billion to the free secondary education programme and cleared all Capitation Grant arrears, costing GH¢72.8 million.

Also, GH¢2.9 billion had been paid to the Ghana Education Trust Fund, and GH¢122.8 million paid for the Basic Education Certificate Examination registration.

“The School feeding budget increased per child, with GH¢895 million paid to the School Feeding Programme for basic schools,” the release added.

It said the Parent-Teacher Associations had been reactivated to improve school governance and promote discipline.

It noted that this year’s  WASSCE practicals  and feeding grant for special needs schools had all been paid.

Meanwhile, Education Minister Haruna Iddrisu has admitted that the introduction of the double-track system under the government’s flagship Free Senior High School (SHS) programme has had negative consequences on the quality of education in the country.

Addressing the press, the Minister explained that while the policy significantly expanded access to secondary education, the implementation of the double-track system created challenges that affected teaching and learning outcomes.

The double-track system was introduced in 2018 as a temporary measure to accommodate the sharp increase in SHS enrolment following the launch of the Free SHS policy.

The initiative divided students into green and gold tracks, with each group alternating in attendance to reduce congestion in classrooms.

However, critics of the system argued that it disrupted academic calendars, created pressure on teachers, and compromised the depth of teaching.

Parents and education experts also raised concerns about the adequacy of supervision during the off-track periods.

Post Views: 141
Tags: Free SHSGhana Education ServiceHaruna Iddrisu
NewsCenta

NewsCenta

Related Stories

Students pornographic

Students using tablets to watch pornographic videos — Haruna Iddrisu

by Kojo Emmanuel
November 28, 2025
0

The Minister of Education, Haruna Iddrisu, has expressed concern over the misuse of government-issued tablets by students, stating that some students...

Atuabo Basic School

New Atuabo Basic School gets smart lab and innovation centre

by NewsCenta
November 27, 2025
0

In a world changing so quickly, Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics (STEM) education is becoming more and more significant. In...

NERD donates schools

NERD donates 3,070 books to 20 basic schools

by NewsCenta
November 25, 2025
0

Twenty basic schools across Daffiama, Jirapa and Nandom municipalities have received 3,070 supplementary teaching and learning materials under the Nurturing...

NSMQ Mobile Money

NSMQ champions visit MobileMoney LTD

by Christabel Oboshie Annan
November 25, 2025
0

Mobile Money LTD (MoMo), a subsidiary of MTN Ghana, has applauded the 2025 champions of the National Science and Maths...

Recommended

Southern Asia floods

600 killed in southern Asia floods

November 29, 2025
Public holidays December holiday

December 5 declared public holiday for Farmers’ Day

November 29, 2025
Mahama Otumfuo Bawku unemployment

Otumfuo urges Mahama to tackle rising unemployment

November 29, 2025

Popular Story

  • Songs Daddy Lumba

    See the list of over 200 songs Daddy Lumba released

    748 shares
    Share 299 Tweet 187
  • The true story behind Ghana’s acceptance of deportees

    723 shares
    Share 289 Tweet 181
  • Gold-backed policies since 2021 driving economic gains — BoG

    717 shares
    Share 287 Tweet 179
  • 10 of top 11 causes of death killing more men in Ghana

    702 shares
    Share 281 Tweet 176
  • Monday, May 26, 2025 Newspaper Headlines

    695 shares
    Share 278 Tweet 174
NewsCenta

Newscenta is a Ghana-based news organisation publishing in print (The Newscenta Newspaper) and on a digital media platform (newscenta.com) dedicated to delivering timely and impactful news across various sectors, including politics, business, economy, technology, and culture.

  • About Us
  • Contact Us
  • Health
  • Education
  • Mining
  • Energy
  • Telecoms
  • Agriculture
  • Opinion
  • Newscenta Newspaper
  • Trade

© 2025 All Rights Reserved NewsCenta.

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In

Add New Playlist

No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • News
    • Politics
    • Local
    • World
  • Entertainment
    • Celebrities
    • Music
  • Lifestyle
  • Newspaper Headlines
  • Business
  • Agriculture
  • Education
  • Sports
  • Tech
  • Opinion
  • Newscenta Newspaper

© 2025 All Rights Reserved NewsCenta.

Connect with us