Saturday, November 29, 2025
NewsCenta
  • Home
  • News
    • Politics
    • Local
    • Education
    • Agriculture
    • World
  • Entertainment
    • Celebrities
    • Music
  • Lifestyle
  • Business
  • Sports
  • Tech
  • Opinion
  • Newscenta Newspaper
No Result
View All Result
NewsCenta
  • Home
  • News
    • Politics
    • Local
    • Education
    • Agriculture
    • World
  • Entertainment
    • Celebrities
    • Music
  • Lifestyle
  • Business
  • Sports
  • Tech
  • Opinion
  • Newscenta Newspaper
No Result
View All Result
NewsCenta
No Result
View All Result

Prosecution yet to serve Osei Assibey Antwi with a hearing notice

Prosecution delays as Osei Assibey Antwi awaits official hearing notice

NewsCenta by NewsCenta
October 18, 2025
in Local, News
0
Osei Assibey Antwi
Share on FacebookShare on Twitter

Lawyers for Mr Osei Assibey Antwi, former Executive Director of the National Service Authority, have told an Accra High Court that the accused person has not been served with any document to report to the Court.

Paa Kwesi Kuboadzi, Counsel for the accused, said, unfortunately, for the case, they were not given any notice.

You might also like

Police woman assaulting

Police arrest woman seen in video assaulting man

November 29, 2025
Zipline Mahama Ayariga

Terminate Zipline’s contract — Mahama Ayariga urges govt

November 28, 2025

He said, “I was called about an hour ago to appear in court. That is why I am naked.”

The Counsel, who was not properly dressed in the profession’s dress code of black and white with the wing, prayed that the prosecution give the defence ample notice so that they may properly appear in Court.

“Again, my client’s reporting schedule requires him to report in Kumasi every Monday apart from the first Monday of the month on which he reports in Accra,” he added.

Mrs. Yvonne Atakora Obuobisa, Director of Public Prosecutions (DPP), who led the prosecution, told the Court that the charge sheet was filed but “we did not have a hearing date and we also did not know the case had been scheduled for today.”

She said her instructions were that they would file a hearing notice as soon as possible.

She said the prosecution wished to ask that the accused person report to Accra on Monday rather than in Kumasi.

The DPP assured the Court that prosecution would serve him with the charges and facts and inform him of when he should be in Court for the first hearing.

The Court presided over by Justice Justice Kizita Naa Koowa Quarshie ordered the accused person to report at NIB in Accra on October 20, 2025.

The former Executive Director was charged with 14 counts, including causing financial loss to the State, stealing, and money laundering, in a case involving more than GH¢600 million.

He was accused of authorising the payment of allowances to more than 60,000 non-existent national service personnel, resulting in a loss of GH¢500,861,744.02, and misappropriating public funds during his tenure between August 2021 and February 2025.

Mr. Assibey Antwi is facing multiple counts under sections 179A(1) and 124(1) of the Criminal Offences Act, 1960 (Act 29), and section 1(2)(c) of the Anti-Money Laundering Act, 2020 (Act 1044).

He also faces six counts of stealing, with the prosecution claiming that between August 2023 and May 2024, he dishonestly appropriated various sums of money totalling several million of cedis belonging to the National Service Authority.

The alleged thefts include: GH¢3.6 million on August 22, 2023, GH¢516,000 each on September 11, October 26, and November 23, 2023, GH¢1.03 million on December 18, 2023, and GH¢2.06 million on May 14, 2024

The AG further alleged that between January 2022 and December 2024, Mr. Assibey Antwi caused an additional GH¢8.26 million loss to the State by authorising transfers from the NSA’s Control Account to his personal e-zwich card account.

The charge sheet also includes unauthorised withdrawals from the Kumawu Farm Project account, amounting to GH¢74 million, which prosecutors say were not used for their intended purpose.

Specifically, Mr. Assibey Antwi is accused of withdrawing GH¢55 million on September 30, 2022, GH¢15 million on October 20, 2023, and GH¢4 million on January 24, 2024, all allegedly without expending the funds on the project.

His plea is yet to be taken.

Post Views: 152
Tags: CorruptionNational Service AuthorityOsei Assibey Antwi
NewsCenta

NewsCenta

Related Stories

Police woman assaulting

Police arrest woman seen in video assaulting man

by Kojo Emmanuel
November 29, 2025
0

The woman captured in a viral social media video assaulting a man has been arrested by the police. Although some...

Zipline Mahama Ayariga

Terminate Zipline’s contract — Mahama Ayariga urges govt

by Kojo Emmanuel
November 28, 2025
0

The Majority Leader, Mahama Ayariga, has urged the government to terminate its agreement with Zipline, arguing that the drone-based delivery...

Nana Konadu Mahama

Farewell Nana Konadu — Mahama pays last respect

by Kojo Emmanuel
November 28, 2025
0

President John Dramani Mahama has paid his final respect to the late Nana Konadu Agyeman-Rawlings, whose passing has drawn tributes...

South Africa billboard

South Africa became the world’s billboard — and proved its creative power

by NewsCenta
November 28, 2025
0

There are moments in a nation’s history when attention becomes a national asset. For South Africa, the G20 year was...

Recommended

Sperm natural

10 powerful ways to increase sperm natural

November 29, 2025
Police woman assaulting

Police arrest woman seen in video assaulting man

November 29, 2025
Zipline Mahama Ayariga

Terminate Zipline’s contract — Mahama Ayariga urges govt

November 28, 2025

Popular Story

  • Songs Daddy Lumba

    See the list of over 200 songs Daddy Lumba released

    748 shares
    Share 299 Tweet 187
  • The true story behind Ghana’s acceptance of deportees

    723 shares
    Share 289 Tweet 181
  • Gold-backed policies since 2021 driving economic gains — BoG

    717 shares
    Share 287 Tweet 179
  • 10 of top 11 causes of death killing more men in Ghana

    702 shares
    Share 281 Tweet 176
  • Monday, May 26, 2025 Newspaper Headlines

    695 shares
    Share 278 Tweet 174
NewsCenta

Newscenta is a Ghana-based news organisation publishing in print (The Newscenta Newspaper) and on a digital media platform (newscenta.com) dedicated to delivering timely and impactful news across various sectors, including politics, business, economy, technology, and culture.

  • About Us
  • Contact Us
  • Health
  • Education
  • Mining
  • Energy
  • Telecoms
  • Agriculture
  • Opinion
  • Newscenta Newspaper
  • Trade

© 2025 All Rights Reserved NewsCenta.

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In

Add New Playlist

No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • News
    • Politics
    • Local
    • World
  • Entertainment
    • Celebrities
    • Music
  • Lifestyle
  • Newspaper Headlines
  • Business
  • Agriculture
  • Education
  • Sports
  • Tech
  • Opinion
  • Newscenta Newspaper

© 2025 All Rights Reserved NewsCenta.

Connect with us