Newscenta
Life-changing News

Police amend charges and facts in Ahmed Suale murder case

The Madina District Court has declined the bail application of Daniel Owusu Koranteng, a businessman, being held over investigative journalist Ahmed Suale’s death as Prosecutors amend charges against him.
The Court, after listening to the prosecution and defence counsel, remanded Koranteng into police custody till April 17, 2025.
At the Court on Wednesday April 2, amended charges and facts sheet were read out to Koranteng when he made his second appearance before the Madina District Court 2.
The Court presided over by Susana Nyakotey did not take his plea.
Koranteng, 35, is now being held on the charges of abetment of crime and murder.
The accused was earlier held for murder.
Koranteng is alleged to have abetted with two others at large to commit crime to wit murder and for allegedly murdering Suale, the investigative journalist.
Defence Counsel informed the Court that since March 12, 2025, that his client was invited by the Police, he has been denied police enquiry bail and his client had been in custody.
According to defence counsel, there was no evidence before the court linking his client to the alleged crime.
“Save us from the cohesive powers of the state, especially that of the Ghana Police Service.”
Prosecution led by Chief Inspector Nana Afua Bamfoa Bamfo who read the amended fact, said the petitioner, name withheld was a relative of the deceased Ahmed Hussein Suale and accused, Daniel Owusu Koranteng aka Amakye. was the Managing Director of ISPY Company Limited.
Chief Inspector Bamfo said both Suale and the accused were employees of Tiger Eye P.I. , led by Anas Aremeyaw Anas.
The Prosecution said the accused had an intimate relationship with the deceased and his family before his death.
According to the Prosecution, tension escalated in June 2018 when Kennedy Agyapong, a former Member of Parliament broadcast images of Ahmed Suale, on NET2 TV, calling for retribution against the investigative journalist.
The Court heard that the deceased Ahmed Suale later identified the accused as the person who provided Mr Agyapong with his photographs and confronted him through a WhatsApp chat.
On January 16, 2019, following the publication of the deceased’s images, he was shot and killed in Madina.
Prosecution said investigations disclosed that the accused, having known the deceased’s place of abode and possible hideouts, led two other culprits currently at large to the house of the deceased’s residence before, during and after the murder.
According to the prosecution, further analysis later showed that the accused bolted from Madina to his residence in Amasaman late in the evening at about 11:15pm after the murder.
The Prosecutor said the accused eventually fled to the United Kingdom sometime in 2019 after the murder of Suale.
The Court heard that during investigations, the accused declined a Police invitation and subsequently disguised his identity by using someone’s National Identification Authority Card to change the registration of his Subscriber Identity Module (SIM) Card.
The Prosecution said the accused later returned to Ghana and intelligence led to his arrest in Amasaman on March 15, 2025.
The Accused admitted his relationship with Mr Kennedy Agyapong, and he further admitted having visited his residence.
Prosecution said the accused further admitted having taken photographs of himself and the deceased but denied selling the photographs to anyone.
Police investigations are ongoing to apprehend the suspects at large, prosecution told the court.

Leave a comment
error: Content is protected !!