Saturday, November 29, 2025
NewsCenta
  • Home
  • News
    • Politics
    • Local
    • Education
    • Agriculture
    • World
  • Entertainment
    • Celebrities
    • Music
  • Lifestyle
  • Business
  • Sports
  • Tech
  • Opinion
  • Newscenta Newspaper
No Result
View All Result
NewsCenta
  • Home
  • News
    • Politics
    • Local
    • Education
    • Agriculture
    • World
  • Entertainment
    • Celebrities
    • Music
  • Lifestyle
  • Business
  • Sports
  • Tech
  • Opinion
  • Newscenta Newspaper
No Result
View All Result
NewsCenta
No Result
View All Result

MP breaks silence on mob attack on NAIMOS at Hwidiem

MP finally addresses violent incident involving NAIMOS supporters at Hwidiem

Kojo Emmanuel by Kojo Emmanuel
November 3, 2025
in Local, Main, News
0
Mob attack Hwidiem
Share on FacebookShare on Twitter

The Member of Parliament (MP) for Asutifi North, Ebenezer Kwaku Addo, has finally broken his silence on the mob attack on the Director of Operations of the National Anti-Illegal Mining Operations Secretariat (NAIMOS) at Hwidiem, in the Ahafo Region, calling for calm and urging security agencies to expedite investigations into the incident.

The MP, in a statement released on November 3, 2025, said he felt obliged to address what he described as “an unfortunate misunderstanding” regarding his involvement in the incident, which has since attracted national attention.

You might also like

Police woman assaulting

Police arrest woman seen in video assaulting man

November 29, 2025
Zipline Mahama Ayariga

Terminate Zipline’s contract — Mahama Ayariga urges govt

November 28, 2025

Recounting the events, the MP explained that on November 1, 2025, he was on his way to a funeral at Achrensua in the Asutifi South Constituency when he received reports of rising tensions at Hwidiem.

According to him, the situation involved military personnel carrying out operations at an illegal gold mining site.

He noted that he promptly reached out to the MP for Asutifi South, Hon. Collins Dauda, who was out of the country, and was asked to visit the scene on his behalf to gather first-hand information.

Addo stated that upon arriving in Hwidiem with his constituency vice chairman and driver, he introduced himself to the security officers present and facilitated a phone conversation between them and Hon. Dauda.

“At the location, I observed some youth assembling, so I advised that we proceed to the police station to make an official report and hand over any suspects to the police in order to diffuse tension,” he said.

He further explained that by the time they reached the Hwidiem Police Station, they saw that the main road had been obstructed, halting vehicular movement.

He added that he stayed at the charge office with officials from the military, police, the National Intelligence Bureau (NIB), and other local security leaders while statements were being taken.

The MP said he later contacted the Zongo Chief of Hwidiem to help calm the situation, which the chief successfully managed.

Addo noted that the Zongo Chief eventually volunteered his vehicle to transport the military officers after it was discovered that their pickup truck had been interfered with.

Reaffirming his dedication to peace and cooperation with security agencies, Addo stressed that his actions were solely aimed at easing tensions and preventing the situation from escalating.

His statement comes after the Inspector-General of Police (IGP), Christian Tetteh Yohuno, ordered the Criminal Investigations Department (CID) to assume full responsibility for probing the attack on NAIMOS.

The decision follows a clash on Saturday, November 1, 2025, when the NAIMOS team reportedly came under assault from a mob after apprehending individuals engaged in illegal mining activities near Bronikrom.

Initial police findings indicate that the operatives arrested several suspects and seized some items, including a Smith & Wesson pistol with ammunition, two pistol magazines, an unregistered Range Rover, an unregistered Toyota RAV4, and multiple mobile phones.

A police statement explained that while the arrested individuals were being processed for transfer to the Hwidiem Police Station, the Member of Parliament for Asutifi North, Ebenezer Kwaku Addo, allegedly arrived at the location with a group and insisted on the suspects’ release.

When officers refused to comply, the crowd reportedly overpowered the NAIMOS team, freed the detainees, and forced the officials to retreat.

Later, an estimated 600 people—believed to have been mobilised following the confrontation—stormed the Hwidiem Police Station, demanding freedom for the suspects.

The mob vandalised vehicles, including the NAIMOS Director’s car, damaged sections of the police facility, and attempted to set the station on fire.

Post Views: 157
Tags: Asutifi NorthCriminal Investigations DepartmentGalamseyGhana Police ServiceHwidiemNAIMOS
Kojo Emmanuel

Kojo Emmanuel

Related Stories

Police woman assaulting

Police arrest woman seen in video assaulting man

by Kojo Emmanuel
November 29, 2025
0

The woman captured in a viral social media video assaulting a man has been arrested by the police. Although some...

Zipline Mahama Ayariga

Terminate Zipline’s contract — Mahama Ayariga urges govt

by Kojo Emmanuel
November 28, 2025
0

The Majority Leader, Mahama Ayariga, has urged the government to terminate its agreement with Zipline, arguing that the drone-based delivery...

Akosua Serwaa

Odo Broni, Akosua Serwaa are both Lumba’s wives — Court

by NewsCenta
November 28, 2025
0

The long-running legal battle over who qualifies as the lawful surviving spouse of the legendary highlife musician Charles Kwadwo Fosu,...

Nana Konadu Mahama

Farewell Nana Konadu — Mahama pays last respect

by Kojo Emmanuel
November 28, 2025
0

President John Dramani Mahama has paid his final respect to the late Nana Konadu Agyeman-Rawlings, whose passing has drawn tributes...

Recommended

Sperm natural

10 powerful ways to increase sperm natural

November 29, 2025
Police woman assaulting

Police arrest woman seen in video assaulting man

November 29, 2025
Zipline Mahama Ayariga

Terminate Zipline’s contract — Mahama Ayariga urges govt

November 28, 2025

Popular Story

  • Songs Daddy Lumba

    See the list of over 200 songs Daddy Lumba released

    748 shares
    Share 299 Tweet 187
  • The true story behind Ghana’s acceptance of deportees

    723 shares
    Share 289 Tweet 181
  • Gold-backed policies since 2021 driving economic gains — BoG

    717 shares
    Share 287 Tweet 179
  • 10 of top 11 causes of death killing more men in Ghana

    702 shares
    Share 281 Tweet 176
  • Monday, May 26, 2025 Newspaper Headlines

    695 shares
    Share 278 Tweet 174
NewsCenta

Newscenta is a Ghana-based news organisation publishing in print (The Newscenta Newspaper) and on a digital media platform (newscenta.com) dedicated to delivering timely and impactful news across various sectors, including politics, business, economy, technology, and culture.

  • About Us
  • Contact Us
  • Health
  • Education
  • Mining
  • Energy
  • Telecoms
  • Agriculture
  • Opinion
  • Newscenta Newspaper
  • Trade

© 2025 All Rights Reserved NewsCenta.

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In

Add New Playlist

No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • News
    • Politics
    • Local
    • World
  • Entertainment
    • Celebrities
    • Music
  • Lifestyle
  • Newspaper Headlines
  • Business
  • Agriculture
  • Education
  • Sports
  • Tech
  • Opinion
  • Newscenta Newspaper

© 2025 All Rights Reserved NewsCenta.

Connect with us