The Ghana Education Service (GES) has granted access to candidates of the 2022 Basic Education Certificate Examination (BECE) to verify and confirm their choice of schools pending the release of the results and school’s placement.
The Service in a press release said the verification process was to ensure accuracy in students’ choice information before they were placed in their selected Second Cycle Schools.
The verification exercise commenced on Saturday, January 14, 2023, and ends on Sunday, January 22, 2023.
According to the statement by GES, the candidates would receive a Short Messaging Service (SMS) from the Computerized School Selection Placement and System (CSSPS) which contains web portal: https://csspsverity.com and USSD short code number 899 88# with a 4 digit token number.
The statement said students who might have errors in their initial selection should call 0556541525 or click on the edit button available on the web portal after their selection details displayed with a copy of the original selection form.
“Students can also send an email with the copy of the original selection form to casp:email@example.com,” the statement added.
It, however, noted that the exercise was not to change the schools but to confirm the initial choices selected.
2022 School Selection guidelines!
As part of measures to ensure a smooth placement of qualified BECE, The Ghana Education Service and the Ghana TVET Service (GTVETS) have put in place the following arrangements for the information of parents/guardians/candidates and the general public
- Updates Added
Introduction of cluster of schools: These are similar schools that belong to same category which candidates may comfortably accept as alternative schools to their initial choices
- Grouping of Schools
All second-cycle institutions have been grouped as follows:
- Public second Cycle Institution: Four (4) groups namely Categories A, B, C and D.
- Appendix 1: contains detailed technical institutions(TI) programmes
III. Appendix 2: contains detailed subjects of the Technical Programmes in the Sec/Tech. institutions
- Appendix 4: contains Special Boarding schools for the sixth (6th) Choice)
- Appendix 4: Cluster of schools
- Appendix 5: contains list of Special Education Need (SEN) schools
VII. Sample Choice: Examples of correct and wrong choices
- Before Selection of Schools and Programmes
Before Selection of Schools and Programmes offered, parents/guardians are advised to note that all schools selected
(1st-6th) are considered in placement of candidates.
- Conditions for selection of schools
Candidates with guidance from parents/guardians and school authoroties;
- a) Must choose Six(6) schools(1st – 6th choices) in all.
- b) Must select programmes and accommodation for each selected school.
- c) Must choose a compulsory day as 6th choice (Catchment Area School) or choose boarding school from the list of schools in Appendix 3
- d) Must indicate ‘yes’ or ‘no’ to accept or decline to opt for a cluster.
- e) Candidates who wish to offer purely TVET Programmes must select all six (6) TVETS schools from CATEGORY A, B and C as Day or Boarding
- f) Cannot choose more than one (1) School from Category A
- g) Cannot select more than two (2) schools from Category B
- h) May select five (5) choices from Category C and One (1) from Category D (Day) or Appendix 3 (Special Boarding)
- Wednesday September 27 2023 Newspaper Headlines - 27 September 2023
- Sports betting in Ghana, an industry whose time has come - 26 September 2023
- Alan Kyerematen resigns from NPP again, goes independent - 26 September 2023