Saturday, November 29, 2025
NewsCenta
  • Home
  • News
    • Politics
    • Local
    • Education
    • Agriculture
    • World
  • Entertainment
    • Celebrities
    • Music
  • Lifestyle
  • Business
  • Sports
  • Tech
  • Opinion
  • Newscenta Newspaper
No Result
View All Result
NewsCenta
  • Home
  • News
    • Politics
    • Local
    • Education
    • Agriculture
    • World
  • Entertainment
    • Celebrities
    • Music
  • Lifestyle
  • Business
  • Sports
  • Tech
  • Opinion
  • Newscenta Newspaper
No Result
View All Result
NewsCenta
No Result
View All Result

EOCO and QNET free 26 trafficking victims

EOCO and QNET collaborate to rescue 26 victims from human trafficking network

Kojo Emmanuel by Kojo Emmanuel
October 18, 2025
in Local, Main, News
0
EOCO QNET trafficking
Share on FacebookShare on Twitter

The Economic and Organised Crime Office (EOCO) has rescued 26 victims of human trafficking following a coordinated raid dubbed “Operation Quest” on Friday, October 17, 2025.

The operation, led by the Anti-Human Trafficking Unit of EOCO in collaboration with QNET, targeted individuals posing as QNET agents who allegedly lured victims with fake job offers in Ghana and abroad.

You might also like

Police woman assaulting

Police arrest woman seen in video assaulting man

November 29, 2025
Zipline Mahama Ayariga

Terminate Zipline’s contract — Mahama Ayariga urges govt

November 28, 2025

Nine suspects — two Ivorians and seven Ghanaians — were arrested during the raid. The rescued victims include 10 Ivorians and 16 Ghanaians, all deceived with promises of employment linked to QNET.

EOCO clarified that the suspects had no legitimate connection to the multinational company, which is known for its wellness and lifestyle products.

“This operation underscores the importance of our partnership with QNET in tackling the growing issue of trafficking under the guise of employment,” said Faustina Lartey, Head of Public Affairs of EOCO.

The agency urged the public to remain alert and report anyone claiming to recruit on behalf of QNET. EOCO and QNET previously signed an MoU in July to combat the misuse of the company’s name in trafficking and related crimes.

EOCO reaffirmed its commitment to protecting the public from organised crime and encouraged citizens to share credible information through its official channels.

In September this year, the Northern Regional Command of the Ghana Immigration Service (GIS), acting on intelligence, intercepted and repatriated 55 foreign nationals.

An official statement issued and signed by ACI Micheal Amoako-Atta, the Head of Public Affairs, GIS, said the foreign nationals were victims of alleged fraudulent schemes and lacked proper immigration documentation.

Post Views: 229
Tags: Economic and Organised Crime OfficeEOCOQNET
Kojo Emmanuel

Kojo Emmanuel

Related Stories

Police woman assaulting

Police arrest woman seen in video assaulting man

by Kojo Emmanuel
November 29, 2025
0

The woman captured in a viral social media video assaulting a man has been arrested by the police. Although some...

Zipline Mahama Ayariga

Terminate Zipline’s contract — Mahama Ayariga urges govt

by Kojo Emmanuel
November 28, 2025
0

The Majority Leader, Mahama Ayariga, has urged the government to terminate its agreement with Zipline, arguing that the drone-based delivery...

Akosua Serwaa

Odo Broni, Akosua Serwaa are both Lumba’s wives — Court

by NewsCenta
November 28, 2025
0

The long-running legal battle over who qualifies as the lawful surviving spouse of the legendary highlife musician Charles Kwadwo Fosu,...

Nana Konadu Mahama

Farewell Nana Konadu — Mahama pays last respect

by Kojo Emmanuel
November 28, 2025
0

President John Dramani Mahama has paid his final respect to the late Nana Konadu Agyeman-Rawlings, whose passing has drawn tributes...

Recommended

Sperm natural

10 powerful ways to increase sperm natural

November 29, 2025
Police woman assaulting

Police arrest woman seen in video assaulting man

November 29, 2025
Zipline Mahama Ayariga

Terminate Zipline’s contract — Mahama Ayariga urges govt

November 28, 2025

Popular Story

  • Songs Daddy Lumba

    See the list of over 200 songs Daddy Lumba released

    748 shares
    Share 299 Tweet 187
  • The true story behind Ghana’s acceptance of deportees

    723 shares
    Share 289 Tweet 181
  • Gold-backed policies since 2021 driving economic gains — BoG

    717 shares
    Share 287 Tweet 179
  • 10 of top 11 causes of death killing more men in Ghana

    702 shares
    Share 281 Tweet 176
  • Monday, May 26, 2025 Newspaper Headlines

    695 shares
    Share 278 Tweet 174
NewsCenta

Newscenta is a Ghana-based news organisation publishing in print (The Newscenta Newspaper) and on a digital media platform (newscenta.com) dedicated to delivering timely and impactful news across various sectors, including politics, business, economy, technology, and culture.

  • About Us
  • Contact Us
  • Health
  • Education
  • Mining
  • Energy
  • Telecoms
  • Agriculture
  • Opinion
  • Newscenta Newspaper
  • Trade

© 2025 All Rights Reserved NewsCenta.

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In

Add New Playlist

No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • News
    • Politics
    • Local
    • World
  • Entertainment
    • Celebrities
    • Music
  • Lifestyle
  • Newspaper Headlines
  • Business
  • Agriculture
  • Education
  • Sports
  • Tech
  • Opinion
  • Newscenta Newspaper

© 2025 All Rights Reserved NewsCenta.

Connect with us