The West African Examinations Council (WAEC) has released the provisional results of the West African Senior School Certificate Examination (WASSCE) for 2025 School Candidates.
WAEC has, however, cancelled the entire results of 653 candidates for possessing mobile phones in the examination halls.
A statement signed by Mr John K. Kapi, Head, Public Affairs, WAEC National Office, said the Council had also cancelled subjects results of 6,295 candidates.
It said they bought foreign material like prepared notes, textbooks and printed material into examination halls.
The Council had also withheld the subject results of 908 and the entire results of 158 candidates for various suspected offences.
“Yet still, some subject results of candidates from 185 Schools have been withheld for alleged collision. These cases are still under investigation,” the statement said.
“We are working around the clock to ensure that the withheld results of these candidates are being published before the end of December 2025, depending on the outcome of investigations.”
WAEC took the above decision following the completion of investigations into some cases of irregularity reported during the conduct of the examination, the statement said.
Additionally, the Ghana Examinations Committee, at its 40th Meeting held on Wednesday, November 17, 2025, also approved the above decisions.
It said 35 persons, out of which 19 were teachers, had been found to have engaged in acts that compromised the integrity of the examination.
“So far, 19 of them have been arraigned beforethe court and have been convicted to fines or terms of imprisonment.”
“The remaining 16, are yet to be presented before the courts by the Police. Beyond what the court s may decide, the list of teachers will be presented to the Director General of the Ghana Education Service for further disciplinary action.” It said.
The statement indicated that the Council would make available login details to Heads of School to enable them to access the results of their candidates.
“The results have been posted online, and the candidates who so desire may access their results at the Council’s website at www.waecgh.org.
The Council, however, cautioned all stakeholders to be wary of fraudsters who promised to upgrade results for a fee.
“Candidates are to note that WAEC results are secured and can be authenticated using its results verification system.”
The Council expressed its gratitude to stakeholders, especially the Ministry of Education, Ghana Education Service, all security agencies, Heads of School, Supervisors, invigilators, Examiners, and all who in diverse ways supported the successful conduct of the examination and release of results.
A total of 461,736 candidates, comprising 207415 males and 254,321 females from 1,021 schools, registered for the 2025 WASSCE for school candidates.
The figure, WAEC said, was a 0.24 per cent increase over the 2024 entry figure of 460,611.
A total number of 5,821candidates, representing 1.26 per cent were absent from the examination.









